Self-guided tours in Romania
Want to go hiking in Romania, but don’t have the time or energy to put a trip together? I’ll happily help you with that! I offer self-guided tours in Romania that are fully custom made. Mountain ranges include, but are not limited to, the Bucegi, the Piatra Craiului, the Apuseni and the Retezat. So what does a self-guided tour package contain?
What will you get?
- detailed descriptions of the route and individual stages, including directions, total distance, total ascent/descent, difficulty, waymarking, water sources and supply points
- info on (public) transport to the start and finish point of your hike from your Romanian city of choice
- accommodation info (huts, camping spots, pensions)
- a list of useful words & phrases in Romanian
- top sights and attractions in the area
- gpx files of all the route stages
- pictures taken on your route of choice
What does it cost?
It’s up to you!
- one-day hike: €30
- two-day hike: €55
- three-day hike: €75
- four-day hike: €90
- five-day hike: €100
How do you get it?
Fill out the application form here. After confirmation and payment you will receive the package digitally; it will consist of a pdf file and gpx files. You can get it either in English or in Dutch. Please allow at least three weeks for processing – again, your package will be custom made. Do request your package at least one month before your travels.
Are you a highly sensitive person and/or are you struggling with other mental health challenges? I’m with you! I’m planning to organize a ReTreat especially for you! This will be a pilot project so I will be offering it at a reduced fee. What can you expect?
- A week in the Romanian mountains/countryside (quite possibly the Apuseni region, the Rodna or Retezat Mountains)
- Guided walks adjusted to your abilities and energy level
- Yoga sessions with a professional yogi
- Get to spend time with a small group of like-minded people (6-8 max)
- Alone time whenever you need it
Do get in touch if this appeals to you! I will organize the trip on the basis of everyone’s needs so more details will emerge once we’ve put a big enough group together.
- Want to make a reservation at a hut but don’t speak Romanian? I can do this for you, against a reasonable fee. Please fill out the contact form with your request here.